"If men gather gold and silver or any other beautiful thing, and then see a woman lovely in appearance and beauty, they let all those things go, and gape at her, and with open mouths stare at her, and all prefer her to gold or silver or any other beautiful thing. A man leaves his own father, who brought him up, and his own country, and clings to his wife. With his wife he ends his days, with no thought of his father or his mother or his country. Therefore you must realize that women rule over you!
Do you not labor and toil, and bring everything and give it to women? A man takes his sword, and goes out to travel and rob and steal and to sail the sea and rivers; he faces lions, and he walks in darkness, and when he steals and robs and plunders, he brings it back to the woman he loves."
1 Esdras 4:18-24
"If you don't get school off on Valentine's Day, then why is it important?" -my little Karoline
"In a man's first love, he also discovers the time-continuum of all love; the continuity of history, the order of the universe, the destiny of man, all stand disclosed to the soul who falls in love for the first time. By his falling in love, his eyes are opened and his ears are sensitive to identities through all generations. He can read the riddles, he can decipher the flowers and the stars, he can speak and shout and sing."
-Fruit of Lips, Eugen Rosenstock-Huessy, 6
"But darling when I see you, I see me." -I See You, You See Me The Magic Numbers
My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is hears in our land; The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
Song of Solomon 2:10-13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
awesome quotes. I really like the fruit of lips quote and the magic numbers are so great
Great post, Kenny!
your little stream of consciousness made me laugh pretty hard lol but, i've never thought about that before. It kinda makes sense, especially after the "tada":)
and i think you'll enjoy this.
I especially like "animal my soul"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eiASBBuFso&eurl=http://kanamit.tumblr.com/page/4
I love the v-day quotes. :) And I'm sorry about your friend. I need to check in on your blog more often. :) I don't know about friends committing suicide, but I do know about losing old friends to seemingly pointless accidents.
knives and forks are used to cut foodstuffs and that is what i was doing. i was intending it to look like all the food magazines with their perfectly positioned hands, but alas mine look like a pair of overcooked squid eating knives and forks. you should update. the end.
ahaha....this was almost a YEAR ago kenny!!! you should definitely start writing more again...even if it is a collection of quotes...
oh and karoline wins the cake for awesome v-day quotes.
Post a Comment