Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cows Without Holes In Their Stomachs

A warm sabbath

Most beautiful day of the year

Moscow got out of their houses

I sat, and ate, with friends, with the zephyr, in the park, with Moscow


An awkward engagement party

On the way to the party we passed a girl standing in the street and crying

When we left, she was still there, but in somebody's arms, he was just standing there, and holding her


Its turning into summer, so you're almost asleep before the beauty is too dark to feel

I tried to catch some frogs in the pond, but my footsteps put an impromptu rest in their orchestra

Frogs aren't beautiful to listen to, but if you imagine you are one, and you can almost feel the
crescendo and the sudden silence that follows as I make a particularly crunchy step

Kids selling lemonade

Cows without holes in their stomachs

There are still green hills and fat sheep in Ireland


On a day like this I think that the only difference between heaven and earth will be us.



4 comments:

Jennifer said...

what is my take on the story? Well, I really think it demonstrates how many women feel trapped in their marriages,often times hostile(husbands tend to steal the covers)and how children really do take after their parents. A marriage based upon a blanket is bound to be left at sea. ha wow that was cheese filled. cool poem thingy

Tyler Antkowiak said...

All I can say is that i can't wait to be in moscow... minus the whole cow stomach thing

Tyler Antkowiak said...

How long do you have to live in moscow to be a local

ash said...

kenny, that's awesome. i love the way you write!