Copied from Calendarium Romanum, 1969 A.D.
Commentarius Historicus Calendarii Instaurati
Ss. Cyrilli et Methodii
S. Cyrillus, monachus, obiit Romae die 14 februarii 869, et frater eius, S. Methodius episcopus, Velehradii, in Cecoslvachia, die 6 aprilis circa annum 885. Eorum festum ascriptum est in Calendario romano anno 1880, die 5 iulii, infra octavam Ss. Petri et Pauli, celebrandum; sed iam anno 1897, inducto eodem die festo S. Antonii Mariae Zaccaria, in diem 7 translatum est.
Variatones In Calendarium Romanum Inductae
S. Valentini
Memoria S. Valentini, quamvis antiqua, Calendariis particularibus relinquitur, quia de S. Valentino, praeter nomen, solummodo cognoscitur quod depositus sit via Flaminia die 14 februarii.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'd say my Latin is way too rusty, but it was never really any good to begin with. I'll take a stab at it, though:
Saints Cyril and Methodius
St. Cyril, a monk, died in Rome on the 14th day of February, 869, and his brother St. Methodius (bishop of Velewhatsit?) in Czechoslovakia, on the 6th day of April, around 885. Their feast was ascribed in the Roman calendar of 1880, fifth day of July, below [something] of Sts. Peter and Paul, celebration; [something, something] the year 1897, introduced [something] feast day of St. Anthony Maria Zaccaria, on the seventh day it was translated. [I think I totally lost it on that last bit.]
Variations in the Roman Calendar Introduction
St. Valentine
In memory of St. Valentine, [something] old, particular calendar [something], [who or which?] St. Valentine, [something] name, solemnly remembered with [something] placed on the Via Flaminia on the 14th day of February.
How badly did I do? (Confession: I used Google a bit!)
two years without latin and I'm worthless... how depressing. Anyway, happy valentines day.
T
I don't feel so bad, then. It's been 25 years since I took Latin!
Ken it just goes to prove my point... the idealogical battle over the point of roses is what its all about
Well, well, well--you finally posted again. Too bad I don't know what it says.
My mom, Ash and I will be in Idaho from circa april 4-8
So Ken... ... where went that last post
Post a Comment